Grand Theft Auto IV is the eleventh installment of the popular video game Grand Theft Auto series released in 2008. This is one of the most popular games especially for car enthusiasts. The game is played from a third – person perspective where you navigate Liberty City in foot or by vehicle. Most players prefer to go by car since this game have the coolest, fastest and well – tuned cars.
There are hundreds of cars of different models to choose from in the game.
Let’s take a look at some of them:
- SPORTS CARS/SUPER CARS. This is probably the model that has the sleekest and fastest cars.
This is the fastest car in GTA IV and was fashioned from the Lamborghini Murcielago and Lamborghini Diablo. This is also the most expensive one with a price of $150,000. It has a speed of 250km/hr with an acceleration of 3.1 seconds. Its engine has 6 Liter 610hp and has an overall weight of 120kg.
- COMET is the second fastest car in the game with a speed of 248km/hr. it has an acceleration of 4.8 seconds and an R4 SOHC Carburetored V8 engine. It has a weight of 1450kg and is quite similar to the Porsche 996 Carrera 4S.
This was built based on the Ferrari 360. This is one of the fastest and best handling cars in the game. It has a speed of 213km/hr and an acceleration of 4.68 seconds. This car weighs 1500kg with a 4.0L Quad Cam (DOHC) V8 engine.
- SULTAN RS. This car inspired by the Toyota Altezza runs at a speed of 15km/hr. It weighs 1400kg with an acceleration of 7.4 seconds and an F4 DOHC Turbocharged Inline-4 engine.
- MUSCLE CARS. These models are known for having high horsepower outputs and a high performance. The most popular and deemed to be the fastest muscle car is the RUINER. It was inspired by the 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. This vintage car can run up to 185km/hr with an acceleration of 7.1 seconds. It has a weight of 1300kg and an FR SOHC V8 engine.
- TWO – DOORS AND HATCHBACKS. Hatchbacks are not a thing of beauty, but they can run real fast. BLISTA COMPACT is a compact car usually used by players for quick getaways and evasive purposes. This car’s design was patterned from the first generation Honda CR – X. It can reach a speed of 150km/hr and it has an acceleration of 7.4 seconds. It weighs 1400kg and has a 1.4 Liter Twin (2) – Cam IVVT V6 engine.
- FOUR DOOR SEDANS/SALOONS AND STATION WAGONS. They are not as popular as the other car models but they have powerful turbocharged engines. The most popular for this car model is the SULTAN, based from the seventh – generation Honda Civic and the Toyota Altezza. It can run up to around 153km/hr with an acceleration of 7.8 seconds. It weighs 1400kg and has an F4 DOHC Twin – Turbo Inline – 6 engine.
Of course there are more fast and expensive cars in this fantastic games, but these are the most popular. If you think that we forgot to add your favorite car in the list, feel free to comment below!